- This event has passed.
Redwood EdVenture Quest: Hidden Valley
July 7, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pmFree
Did you know that the Humboldt County Office of Education & California State Parks has developed 25 Redwood EdVenture Quests throughout Humboldt County? These scavenger hunts lead participants through North Coast parks with interpretive clues to find natural and hidden treasures while experiencing some of the most beautiful places in California. Join Sanctuary Forest and the Lost Coast Interpretive Association on Saturday, July 7th as they lead participants ages 7-12 on the Hidden Valley Trail at the King Range National Conservation Area, one of three Redwood EdVenture Quests in Southern Humboldt. Environmental lessons and fun activities on the Hidden Valley hike will focus on ecosystems, landmarks, native plants, wildflowers, animals and local history.
- This moderate hike requires parent or guardian attendance.
- There is an opportunity for teens ages 13 and up to act as junior docents, call Sanctuary Forest at 986-1087 x 9# for more information.
- All children who attend will go home with a Junior Ranger patch.
- RSVPs are suggested for this hike, but not required.
- Bring a lunch, water, sun protection, and close-toed shoes.
- Meet at the Hidden Valley Campground at 11:00am, hike will conclude by 2:30pm.
- This hike is free of charge, though donations are gladly accepted and enable Sanctuary Forest to offer this program year after year.
- For more information or to RSVP, call 986-1087 x 9#.
- Directions to the meeting place: U.S. 101 to the Redway/Garberville exit. Follow signs to Shelter Cove/King Range National Conservation Area. Allow 45 minutes for the 22 mile trip to Shelter Cove Rd./Chemise Mountain Rd. Intersection. Take a left, drive ¼ mile to the Hidden Valley Trailhead, approximately 1 minute.
Hope to see you there!
Support from volunteers and local businesses have made this program possible for Sanctuary Forest. Local businesses that have made generous contributions are:
101 Netlink, The Benbow Inn, Blue Star Gas, The Bootleg, Caffe Dolce, Charlotte’s Perennial Gardens, Chautauqua Natural Foods, Coffee Break, Collaborative Solutions, Dazey’s Supply, Future Productions, Greenwired, Gyppo Ale Mill, Hohstadt’s Garden Center, Karen Miclette Insurance Agency, J. Angus Publishing, Li’l Sproutz Boutique, Madrone Realty, Mattole River Studios, Monica Coyne: Artist Blacksmith, Ned Harwood Construction, Pierson Building Center, Plaza Shoe Shop, Randall Sand & Gravel, Redwood Properties, The Security Store, Signature Coffee, Southern Humboldt Fitness, Sylvandale Gardens, Vella Wood Flooring, Whitethorn Construction, Whitethorn Winery, Wyckoff’s Plumbing.
Sanctuary Forest is a land and water trust whose mission is to conserve the Mattole River watershed and surrounding areas for wildlife habitat and aesthetic, spiritual, and intrinsic values in cooperation with our diverse community.